Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Few Days In TBA

TBA = The Best Apartment (ever) or The Blogger Apartment. Or both. Or anything else you'd like to call it.

In any case, today I learned:

1. There is AMAZING parve ice cream right across the street from TBA. We got mint chocolate chip and it tasted DAIRY.

2. You should always warn the apartments down the hall if you are self-cleaning your oven. This way they don't think they might die from something mysterious going around. Basically, I was very innocently sitting at the counter in the kitchen/main area (it's all one room, really) playing on my laptop and drawing a pretty schedule of my classes for tomorrow when I suddenly looked up and frowned.

"Um...M.R.? Does it smell kinda funny to you?"

M.R. sniffed the air and also frowned.

"It smells really bad. Not like smelly bad but like dangerous bad."

"What?" asked SJ, emerging from her room.

"Something smells dangerous in here," said M.R.

"It smells like gas. I hope we're not going to explode." (This was from Chana)

We then all proceeded to try and figure out what was causing the smell.

"I don't wanna go to sleep with it smelling like this," I said, slightly worried. M.R. and SJ seemed worried, too.

"Maybe it's coming from the hall," suggested SJ. She walked towards the door, near where I was sitting.

"Yep. It's a lot stronger over here."

I got up and edged towards the door. SJ opened it and then quickly shut it.

"Oh, yes. It's from out there."

"Let me see what's going on," said M.R. and she slipped outside. I closed the door after her and coughed from the smell. It was strong.

"I hope we don't all die in our sleep!" I think this was from Chana.

A few short moments later, M.R. came back, a relieved grin on her face.

"They're self-cleaning their oven! That's what it smells like."

And so we didn't have to die in our sleep after all. But it would be nice for people to warn everyone else when they do something like that! Oh well.

3. Lost things usually have a way of being found.

4. Girls will always act like girls, no matter the context. Today someone was walking around with a bin of washing cups to give out to the various apartments. When she got to our room and asked us if we needed any, SJ and M.R. said yes and SJ started to take some. And everyone commanded in unison, "get the pretty ones!"

1 comments:

Ezzie said...

Funny how the two Chana quotes are morbid and deal with death.

Shocker that MR braved the stench. I hope she was wearing shoes (right, SJ?).

And [groan] on the pretty cups. Oy.