Thursday, August 21, 2008

Post-Hiatus Lessons

I took about a ten day hiatus from this blog - not intentionally, but just because it really is difficult to notice what you learn each day. You do learn things, but I think a lot of learning is either unconscious or falls way below the radar of what you remember about each day. Which is in some ways sad and in some ways natural. I think we soak things up without even realizing it and all those things become a part of us, but subtly.

Anyway, I'm not going to play catch up for the days that I missed. A missed day is a missed day. I'm going to focus on the present.

Since it's only the afternoon, though, I'm going to write about lessons from yesterday and so-far today:

1. Playing catch-up is unproductive (sometimes)

2. Sometimes people are just not nice, but when faced with confrontation, it brings out the niceness in everyone else

2a. The workplace is just like high school, in some ways

3. Every cloud really does have a silver lining.

4. Anything you do can have an effect on people - even something really simple

Also, I think everyone should watch the movie Pay It Forward.

0 comments: