Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mixed Emotions

I never wrote a post for Friday, so this one will cover both Friday and today.

Friday:

1. I learned how to slip back into my cheerful self again, despite everything that's been out of sorts lately.
2. I learned that I definitely will be able to stay the whole year at Stern, with or without the letter they can't find (somehow it all got sorted out - I'm not sure how)
3. I learned how to talk to some of the people at work and how to not be terrified to ask people things
4. I learned that time cards can't be thrown out until after three years (I think). We threw out a LOT of time cards in the basement at work.

Shabbat/Tisha b'Av night:
1. I learned that the more people talk about two of my really close friends getting married, the weirder I feel about it, even as I'm very happy for them.
2. I learned that it's possible to feel a slight amount of fear at the prospect of a burning Beis Hamikdash. Tonight, for some reason, I just really felt it. It makes me want to write.

0 comments: